Thursday, January 21, 2010

I know, I know.......

it's the conference championships so that is what most people are talking about, but you know something, I am very impressed with three guys in this draft so much they're more important. Let's get this out of the way: My top 3 players; Derrick Morgan (DE), Gerald McCoy (DT), and Sam Bradford (QB). My 2 overrated (top 10 pick) players; Eric Berry (S) and Carlos Dunlap (DE). Overrated also is Tim Tebow, and in an honorable mention for a great player is Russell Okung.
Now for my analysis. Derrick Morgan gets off the edge strong on the pass rush and gets around the OT quickly and effortlessly getting to the QB. Gerald McCoy is a solid DT clogging the middle and shutting players down up the middle, for short, if any, gains. He is a spectacular run stopper with pass-rushing that alone could make him a first-rounder. Ahhhhh................... Sam Bradford. People may dislike his less than perfect arm strength for the NFL, but he is deadly accurate with the ball, hitting receivers I have seen Eli Manning, Rivers, and other top QB's miss completely out of reach for the WR. This guy is my favorite player in this year's draft and might just make me a 'Skins fan! I can't emphasize his accuracy enough, and mark my words, he will be a household name very soon. Now we have Okung, amazing OT. I am not one to usually love o-line, why he is not in my top 3 players. But if anyone wants a player they can rely on to be a top player at his position, this is it. I'd say top 5 at his position for the duration of his career.
Now for my cruel time, where I make enemies, I like enemies. First off, we got Eric Berry. Good safety, good, not great, not where teams rank him. He makes big plays, but one part of being an elite defensive player, is stopping elite offensive players. He has horrible wrap-up abilities which good offensive players can beat easily. Now for Carlos Dunlap, he is a good player but one primary skill of his, batting down balls, won't be good enough to get him a starting spot consistently in the NFL. Also, Tim Tebow is another overrated player. He is a strong player in many areas, but is weak in too many areas that he will not last against NFL game-planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment